This is a volunteer position
The Holladay Arts Council (HAC) meets monthly January through November. Board meetings are every third Wednesday of the month. Meetings start promptly at 5:30. Board members are asked to attend all board meetings. This is a working board so expectations are that as a board member you will sit on a minimum of one committee, and attend organizational functions and special events as available, such as opening receptions for new exhibits or events like our concerts.
Each board member is required to:
- Be informed about the organization's mission, services, policies, and programs
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments Inform others about the organization
- Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization's field
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization's annual financial statements.
We are looking for board members who have the following traits:
- Ability to listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively, work well with people individually and in a group.
- Willingness to prepare for and attend council and committee meetings, ask questions, take responsibility and follow through on a given assignment, contribute personal and financial resources in a generous way according to circumstances, open doors in the community, evaluate oneself.
- Develop certain skills if you do not already possess them, such as to: cultivate and solicit funds, cultivate and recruit council members and other volunteers, read and understand financial statements, learn more about the substantive program areas of the organization.
- Possess honesty, sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views, a friendly, responsive, and patient approach, community-building skills, personal integrity, a developed sense of values, concern for our organization’s development, a sense of humor.
FILL OUT APPLICATION FORM BELOW TO SUBMIT ONLINE
OR DOWNLOAD PDF FILE AT BOTTOM OF PAGE AND RETURN TO:
Holladay Arts Council, attention Sheryl Gillilan, 4580 South 2300 East, Holladay, UT 84117
Or email to Sgillilan@cityofholladay.com